Sometimes a control needs to be reassigned in case of temporary absence like sick days or holidays. A control that is pending or overdue can be reassigned to a new responsible or reviewer. This can be helpful if the responsible or reviewer is on holiday or no longer a part of your company and thus resulting in controls not being completed.
How can I reassign an assignee or reviewer of a control:
- Locate and select the control on any activity list.
- Check the box of the control and click “Reassign” in the top toolbar.
- Search the user you wish to reassign and click “OK”.
Note! If the control was setup without a reviewer, it will not be possible to reassign a new reviewer.
A colleague has left the team/company. Re-assign all her/his tasks at once?
How can I reassign an assignee or reviewer of a control via the “User Management” section:
- Find the user you want to reassign on the list and click on the name of the user.
- Select “Direct control assignments” in the left toolbar.
- Select the control(s) you want to reassign.
- You can either chose to remove assignment or replace user. If you chose remove assignment there will no longer be a responsible to the control.
- Click the search field and select “Create new user”, if you wish to reassign a control to a new user.
After reassigning, the new responsible or reviewer will receive an email with a link to the control that needs to be completed. The control log will be updated and reflect the changes made.
Tip! It is also possible to select multiple controls and reassign these to a new responsible in one go!
Do you need to remove an assignee or reviewer? Go to How can I remove an assignee or reviewer?
Do you need to assign users to a control? Go to How can I assign users to a control?
Do you need to delete a control? Go to How do I delete control master data?